We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to let you know how we promise to look after your personal information, what your privacy rights are and how the law protects you. We promise:
- To keep your data safe and secure
- Not to sell your data
- To enable you to update/amend your marketing preferences.
Collecting specific, relevant personal information is a necessary part of us being able to provide you with any services you may request from us. This also includes the safe delivery of any events you may attend or just managing our relationship with you.
When we hold or use your personal information as a data controller we will provide you with this privacy notice which sets out in detail:
- what information we hold about you (such as your contact details, address, etc.)
- how your personal information may be used and the reasons for these uses
- details of your rights.
Silver Lined Horizons complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We will process your personal data based on your consent, and/or because we need to use it in order to fulfil a contract with you (e.g. because you have purchased a product or service from us and/or legitimate interest).
Legitimate interest means there is a valid reason for Silver Lined Horizons to do so. This could include; making improvements to our services, to manage relationships with our supporters and to comply with relevant legislation. Whenever we process your information in this way, we ensure that we consider your rights and interests.
We will never sell or swap your details. We may share your information with trusted third parties in the process of managing your engagement with us, such as the payment processing of donations or to partners who manage our events.
Where we collect personal information from you directly, we will provide this privacy notice at the time we collect the personal information from you. Where we receive your personal information indirectly, we will provide this privacy notice when we first contact you, first pass the data to someone else or within a month, whichever is the earlier. If you provide personal information to us about someone else, you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information to us
We will only provide this privacy notice to you once, generally at the start of our relationship with you. However, if the applicable privacy notice is updated substantially, then we may provide you with details of the updated version. You are encouraged to check back regularly on our websites (“Sites”) for updates at www.silverlinedhorizons.com or www.chateezcards.com
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services offered by Silver Lined Horizons.
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations.
- Sharing of information with partners or third parties is only done so where consent has been provided.
- However, we may disclose your information to regulatory bodies to enable us to comply with the law and to assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
- Please be advised that we do not reveal information about identifiable individuals to our stakeholders without consent from the data subject, but we may, on occasion, provide them with anonymised information.
We employ a variety of technical and organisational measures to keep your personal information safe and to prevent unauthorised access to, or use, or disclosure of it. Unfortunately, no information transmission over the Internet is guaranteed 100% secure nor is any storage of information always 100% secure, but we do take all appropriate steps to protect the security of your personal information.
Who we are?
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are the organisations below (“the Group”):
- Silver Lined Horizons (SLH) incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 08229102 whose office is at 3 Blakes Ave, New Malden, Surrey, KT3 6RJ. SLH is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller – registration number ZA335759.
- Chateez (a trademark of SLH)
Natasha Rego is our Data Protection Lead and has overall responsibility for data protection compliance.
Contact details are set out in the “Get in Touch” section and in the footer on every page on the site.
Please Click here to read the full Privacy Notice.